Monday, January 21, 2013

Jar of Hearts


This was a quick, easy Valentine's Day craft I made.  I found this container at a thrift store for 50 cents about a year ago.  The stopper in the top is a cork and I think it looks cute on various shelves in the house.  I fill it at Christmas with small ornaments.  So, why not fill it with felt, stuff hearts for Valentines day?


To make them, I used 3 shades of felt, poly-fill, and embroidery floss.  I free cut the shapes of the hearts and hand stitched the edges about 3/4 of the way.  Then I added in the poly-fill and stitched the rest of the heart closed.  I tried to make various shapes and sizes of the hearts to fill the jar.




Linked to:




1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I found you from the Mop it up Mondays link up. I would love to have you come share your post with my readers over at Sassy Little Lady’s Show and Tell Saturday. Hope to see you there!

    Kathie
    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday

    ReplyDelete