You will need:
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 large, chopped onion
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5 0z.) cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 basil leaves, chopped (got mine fresh from the garden!)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 C. skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 C. part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- About 6 oz. lasagna noodles, broken into thirds and fully cooked
- 2 tbsp. parsley (fresh or dried)
1. Heat EVOO in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms, until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook, until mixture thickens up a bit, about 5 minutes.
2. Add noodles to the skillet and stir the mixture well. Add in dollops of ricotta cheese over the noodles. Then add in the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Stir in parsley. Cook for about 2 more minutes, until mixture thickens up.
3. Serve immediately with additional basil and parsley.