It was very awesome of Aimee at Miss Owl B to nominate me for a Liebster award! The Liebster award is a way to promote small bloggers and get to know them better.
Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 questions of your own to ask the bloggers you decide to nominate.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your blog post.
5. Bloggers must be notified of their award.
6. No tag backs.
11 Things about me:
1. I am a Pinterest addict.
2. I have a chap-stick addiction: there is one on my nightstand, one in my car, one in my desk, one in my make-up, one in my purse.
3. I enjoy both tea and coffee...just not at the same time.
4. I was sad the Netflix did not get the rights to Downton Abbey.
5. My favorite sport is football. I love the Buckeyes!
6. I love dogs...cats kind of freak me out. They are so unpredictable!
7. I have a twitter account, but don't really get how it should fit in my life.
8. I met my husband slip and sliding in college.
9. I go to bed early and get up early in the morning.
10. I like to play board and card games.
11. I am always reading a book. I read every night before I go to sleep.
My questions from Aimee:
1. If you could be at any moment in history, what moment would it be and why?
As a history teacher, this is a really tough one for me! I would like to skip the whole beheading part - but it would be cool to hang out with Marie Antoinette for the day at Versailles!
2. What is the one item (not a person) that you could not live without?
I am surprised to say, that it is my iPhone. Before, I had just a standard phone that called and and sent texts. When I had that, I thought I could live without a phone all together. But now, I don't know what I would do without my phone.
3. Do you have anything you keep just for memories sake?
Yes! Probably too much. I would say I am an organized hoarder. LOL!
4. Where would you go if you could go to just one place for the rest of your life?
Somewhere off the beaten path. Somewhere quiet. Somewhere by water...it could be the ocean, lake, or even a pond.
5. What was the last concert you went to?
It has been a while! But it was Trans Siberian Orchestra. It was really an amazing show and put us in the Christmas spirit.
6. What is your favorite fast food?
I love Brueggar's Bagels!
7. If money wasn't an option, what would you want to learn?
I am going to have to go with cooking lessons around the world!
8. What TV show is your favorite? What shows are you watching currently?
My favorite show is The New Girl. My guilty pleasure shows are all of the Real Housewife shows on BRAVO.
9. Do you have a favorite letter of the alphabet? Why?
I love monograms, so my favorite letters would be my initials.
10. Do you know any other language? Can you keep a conversation?
I know a little Spanish. My Spanish-speaking students at school like to teach me new things to say. I can't keep a conversation, but if I hear a conversation, I can usually pick up the gist of it.
11. What is your ideal first date?
Well, first dates are a thing of the past for me. But an ideal date night would be visiting one of the coastal towns around here. Learning the history, walking around, and grabbing a fresh seafood dinner out.
My 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your go-to meal for a busy weeknight?
2. If you could be given any gift, what would you choose?
3. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name?
4. What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
6. What are you afraid of?
7. What is the last book you read?
8. What color reflects your personality and why?
9. Would you rather live in the country or the city? Why?
10. The world would be a better place if...
11. If you were stranded on an island, what 5 things would you take with you and why?
Summer at The Married Life
Lisa at The Thrifty Challenge
Heather at Tatter and Fray
Alison at Sass and Crafts
Zoe at Pittsburgh in Polka Dots
Katie at Clarks Condensed
Veronica at Cooking Morning, Noon, and Night
Brooklyn at Cook and Craft Me Crazy
Katie at Smile Like You Mean It
Rina at I Thee Cook
Val at Homemade Modern