Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beef Carnitas

Ah...it is summer and that means that I have time to read, craft, cook, and relax.  I love trying new recipes and summer is a great time for me to do just that.  Lately, it seems all of me new recipes are tried via pinterest.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pinterest.  I have found so many great ideas from it.  But, there is nothing quite like reading through a cookbook and finding a new recipe to try. 

This recipe is one I found in an actual cookbook.  It is actually from Prevention Magazine's best weight loss recipes.  I know it is a crock pot recipe, but I still love to use my crock pot even during the summer.  I can just pop in the ingredients in the morning, go about my day, and it is ready in time for supper.  That's not cheating, right?



Beef Carnitas

You will need:

2 1b. lean beef stew meat, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
3/4 C. mild salsa
2 Tbsp. chopped chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 C. beef broth broth or water

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cover and cook 6 to 8 hours.  (Um, that was easy.)


Enjoy!




Linked to:
Whipperberry
At The Picket Fence
I Should Be Mopping The Floor

No comments:

Post a Comment