Saturday, June 9, 2012

On My Bookshelf

I have recently finished reading "The Book of Ruth" by Jane Hamilton.  It is available here in a variety of forms.

It is a story about Ruth Grey and her family in small town Illinois.  Not only is it a coming of age story, it also is a view into the intricacies of families and issues that each family member brings to the table.  The end was heartbreaking, and I honestly didn't see the situation evolving in that fashion!  "The Book of Ruth" is also a Lifetime movie, which I watched today.  I think most people would agree with me that the book is always much better than the movie and "The Book of Ruth" is not an exception.  The movie is set in a different time period and begins the movie with the ending of the book.  UGH!  What are your thoughts on "The Book of Ruth?"  Have you read it?  Did you like it?

Up next for me is "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed.  It is available here.

This is the first of Oprah's Book Club 2.0, which I am very excited about!  There is a link here for Cheryl Strayed's website and there is a video book trailer.  So, will anyone join me in reading "Wild?"

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 10, 2012

    Already reading it and I am enjoying it so far. Like reading Oprahs comments too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it! It was fun to see where and what Oprah commented.

      Delete